Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tropical Blueberry Shake

 

IMG_6572

Yes, yes, it looks just like my tangy blueberry shake, but I promise you that the flavor is toute autre. In fact this shake is a flavor explosion, and is full of all sorts of goodness for humans looking to start their day off right.

1 banana

5 oz. silken tofu

1/2 C pineapple chunks

1 C frozen blueberries

1/2 C tangy fruit yogurt

1/3 C coconut milk

3 Tbl orange juice concentrate

a few drops of vanilla

milk or soy milk, if necessary

Put it all in your blender/food processor and puree until smooth. Add a little milk and blend again if the shake seems too thick.

IMG_6570

1 comment:

  1. Was a bit scared to try anything with tofu in it but this shake or I smoothie as I call it was really good. Everyone here in St. Louis gave this a thunbs up and we will definitely make again. It's a good breakfast or snack to hold off hunger. This recipe made 4 cups of smoothies for us. I figured it was about 2.5 points a serving in weight watcher terms. Now....just looking for other great silken tofu recipes. This smoothie just screams healthy. I'm glad we stepped out of our box and tried it.

    ReplyDelete